10/01/2015

Welcome

Hello and welcome to "From House to Home".

My name is Louise House (hence the name for the blog).  I am glad to meet you.

My hope and prayer is that through this blog I will be able to share some of the lessons God has taught me over 20 years of homeschooling and 30 plus years of parenting.  These have been precious times and I would count it a privilege "to walk in the way" with you as you journey through life.The scripture is clear that we older women are to mentor and encourage younger women.  Suddenly, or so it seems, I find myself as one of the "older" women.  God has impressed it on me, that for now, this is my calling. No question is too unimportant, no issue too thorny.  Please feel free to send comments, questions, and concerns any time.

In the time ahead I look forward to sharing about homeschooling, teaching children with learning challenges, choosing curriculum and navigating the curriculum jungle, and most importantly about sharing our faith and growing our children in the Lord.

Through The Learning House I have the privilege to speaking with hundreds of homeschooling parents. We all have a story. I am blessed beyond measure to share in the stories of so many families.  How exciting to hear of the successes and joy that many are experiencing. I also hear of  the pain, struggles, and discouragement that many face. While in the midst of the struggles it really is hard to see the forest for the trees.  I think this is one place where I can be a real help.  My children are grown up, graduated and now living as healthy responsible adults.  With God's help we have made it this far. There were some major bumps on the way and life really is messy.  Our life has been far from perfect in the worlds eyes. Perhaps in the future we can take a look at what we do when life falls apart. However, I  can truly say with confidence that His grace is indeed sufficient and God is always good.

Please consider joining me on a regular basis.  I would love to get to know you and your family.
  
Unless the Lord Builds the house they labour in vain to build it.



3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Louise, you have beat me to the blogging. Well done! I look forward to reading and sharing your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. It has been fun. Maybe sometime I could convince you to share some of your wisdom!

      Delete